A Few Example Posts:

  • "The End of Faith: A Short Response to Sam Harris"
  • See also:
  • "A Long Response to Sam Harris' The End of Faith, by Neil Shenvi"

  • "Is John Piper the Best Answer to Emergence and Postmodernism?"

  • "Captured"

  • "The Storm is Over"

  • "If Golfing Were the Pursuit of Moral Perfection"

  • 12.07.2005

    Oh Good Grief...

    By Joe Raedle, Getty Images











    This is an ax-grinding post (or chain-saw grinding--depending on how you look at it...) Forgive me in advance. Allow me one rant. (Do we do that in the blogosphere?) I may need one of those indulgences that Steve and Jeremy Weaver got. Some guys have all the luck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I recently read this article on wood burning in USA Today.

    I had just spent some time cutting and splitting wood to get ready for winter when I found Traci Watson's piece. I don't have anything against Watson, but I did find myself saying "Good grief! What are they going to regulate next...I can see it coming."

    It seems to me that some people (I'm not necessarily referring to the author of the article) who don't have anything better to do simply want to find a hidden crisis in the mundane. Let's see here... how long has mankind been burning wood?

    This seems to be the spirit of the day: "Let's find people with initiative (people who get up, go outside, and get what they need for their families...)--and hinder them, blame them, and eventually regulate them. We can't have people just going out and doing stuff, can we? Where will that lead?

    I mean, we can't actually have freedom. What will the environmentalists think?


    When will it end?

    Good grief.

    3 Comments:

    At 11:46 AM, Blogger Jason Robertson said...

    I feel your pain, brother. The wackos out here on the left coast are in an over-abundace. BTW, love the elk pic.

     
    At 1:10 PM, Blogger John R. said...

    Jason,

    I took the elk picture nearby in North Carolina and look forward to a Colorado hunt next fall.

    As for the wackos, we can only hope they find work, take up chess, or find a therapist--something to take up their time.

    JRush

     
    At 9:24 PM, Blogger Joe said...

    Freedom? For Americans?

    Surely you're not serious!

    ("Yes I am serious, and don't call me shirley.")

    Re:elk...I thought you had just changed jackets.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home